G-Rock invites you to help us raise funds to benefit our Kappa Youth & Community Foundation! All you have to do is eat at Buffalo Wild Wings, Thursday, November 8th, from 11AM – 12 AM and a portion of the funds raised will go to our Foundation.
Here is how it works:
- You must visit the Buffalo Wild Wings located at 33-C Maryland Ave in the Rockville Town Center.
- You must present your waitress/waiter/cashier our fundraiser ticket. (download below). The restaurant WILL NOT honor your meal by using your mobile device as proof. You must download and print the ticket and take it with you in order for us to receive credit for your meal.
- The meal must be purchased on November 8th between the hours of 11 am and midnight. That’s the entire day. So order wings for your office at lunch, bring the kids in for dinner after school, or meet your friends at BWW to watch the Steelers take on the Panthers on Thursday night football. Can’t make it to the restaurant? No problem… order your wings over the phone and be sure to bring your G-Rock fundraiser ticket to present to the cashier when you pick-up your order and enjoy your wings at home!
- Print as many of the tickets you want and share them with your friends at work, in your neighborhood or on your social media.
That’s all to it!
So let’s make Thursday a G-Rock Day at the Rockville location of Buffalo Wild Wings, and help us raise funds to support our Foundation. The Kappa Youth & Community Foundation of Gaithersburg/Rockville (MD) Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Incorporated is the chapter’s nonprofit 501 (c) 3 program that provides book and tuition scholarships to deserving students and support to organizations in the Gaithersburg – Rockville community.
We thank you in advance for helping us continuing our work in the Gaithersburg-Rockville communities.
The Gaithersburg-Rockville (MD) Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi, Incorporated, in partnership with the African American Health Program, and the Washington D.C. Chapter of Black Nurses Rock present: 2018 Male Health Symposium
Come join us as we discuss a number of health and wellness topics affecting men. In addition, there will be free health screenings, fitness instruction, and healthy eating classes. Refreshments will also be provided.
The event will be hosted at the North Potomac Recreation Center, 13850 Travilah Road, Rockville, MD 20850
As a part of our objective to inspire service in the public’s interest, G-Rock got an early start Sunday morning, October 7th, at the annual Army Ten Miler event manning the garment station. The Chapter teamed up with other cheerful volunteers to secure and protect personal items of race participants.
Gaithersburg-Rockville (MD) Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi wants to thank everyone who attended the 2018 Scholarship Dinner, Sunday evening, May 20, 2018.
Congratulations to our scholarship winners Jordan Washington and Somtoo Akaigwe and a special thanks to our keynote speaker Benjamin Jealous for his inspirational speech and motivational encouragement to our scholars.View Photos from Dinner
The Gaithersburg-Rockville Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi, hosted its Inaugural Kappa League Ceremony, Saturday, May 12, 2018, at Montgomery College in Rockville. Nineteen young men became the first Kappa League members of G’Rock.Meet the New Members
The Guide Right / Kappa League committee is hosting a fundraiser to help generate additional funds to support the Guide Right / Kappa League program through the rest of the school year.
You can help by hanging out with Kappas at the Perch, April 9, 2018, right after work, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
This is our second year hosting this event and would love to see you stop by and enjoy an afternoon of networking and socializing with the Brothers of G-Rock and their guest.
Kappas at the Perch II, will be hosted at the City Perch Kitchen and Bar, in North Bethesda, atop the innovative iPic Theaters at the Pike & Rose development.
The G-Rock annual Bowling party is set for February 24, 2018, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Gaithersburg’s Boawl America and you are invited. Support G-Rock celebrate family with unlimited bowling and fun. Shoes and refreshments are apart of your ticket purchase. Bring your children and neighbors children for two hours of pure fun for all.
Tickets are $30 per adult and $18 for youth ages 16 and under.
The 41st Metro Founder’s Day is set for January 13, at Martins Crosswinds in Greenbelt, MD. The keynote speaker for the evening is Dr. William L. Blake.
After the program, you are invited stay and enjoy the Polemarch’s reception from 10:30 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. The reception is open to the public — free to the ladies and $30 for those without tickets to the Metro Founders Day event.
*** The Black Tie event is for Kappa Alpha Psi members only.
G-Rock is raising funds to support St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’s lifesaving mission of finding cures for children battling cancer and other life-threatening diseases, and I need your help to reach my fundraising goal.
How your donation helps:
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food — because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80% since it opened more than 50 years ago. We won’t stop until no child dies from cancer.
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. St. Jude freely shares the discoveries it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
Click the donation button below to help us meet our goal. Thank you for your support! Together we can help St. Jude change the world.
The Kappa Youth & Community Foundation and the Gaithersburg-Rockville (MD) Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi invites you to our 2018 Foundation Scholarship Dinner, May 20, 2018. The dinner is our way to celebrate the academic success and achievement of local high school seniors. Each student will be awarded a monetary scholarship to a university or college of their choice.
The evening begins with a cocktail hour at 5 p.m. followed by the dinner at 6 p.m. at the Manor Country Club, 14901 Carrolton Road, in Rockville, Maryland.
This year’s keynote speaker, Benjamin Jealous, former National President of the NAACP and current Maryland gubernatorial candidate, will speak to our scholars about sharpening their mind to gain a competitive edge for tomorrow.
Help us make this dinner and our efforts to send as many students as possible to college with your donation and attendance at the 2018 G-Rock Scholarship Dinner. Donations for this event is $75.
For more additional information or to learn on you can become a sponsor for our dinner, please call 301-928-6021 or 301-213-9657.