The Gaithersburg-Rockville Alumni Chapter welcomes the Kappa Leadership Development League, a program oriented toward helping young men to grow and develop their leadership talents in every phase of human endeavor, to Gaithersburg-Rockville (MD) Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.'s 2017-18 fraternal year.
Kappa League, for short, provides both a challenging and rewarding experience, which richly enhance the lives of the young men in the program. Since the fundamental purpose of Kappa Alpha Psi is ACHIEVEMENT, it is therefore the Fraternity’s primary purpose to help these young men to achieve worthy goals for themselves and to make constructive contributions to their community when leadership roles become their responsibility.
The high school students involved with our program will benefit immeasurably from workshops dealing with SAT/PSAT preparation, study techniques, interviewing skills, economics, finance, leadership development, college entry requirements, deciding on a college major, community service and enterprise projects.
The objective of the Gaithersburg-Rockville Kappa League program is to promote and develop the leadership potential of its members through participation in club oriented activities and motivation to raise their aspiration level.
Kappa League members participate in activities and develop projects that will expose them to planning, implementing and discussing ideas that stimulate good leadership characteristics. All activities and programs will be drawn from one or more of the Kappa League’s Five Phases that include:
- Self-Identity - Discipline, Assurance, Awareness, and Appearance
- Training - Academic, Career-Choice, Preparation, and Organization
- Competition - Politics, Career Advancement, and Sports
- Social - Religion, The Arts, Entertainment, Conversation/Communication, and Etiquette/Manners
- Health Education - Physical Fitness, Sex Education, Drug Education, and Health and Safety.
Who Can Join
We invite young men from Gaithersburg-Rockville area high schools grades 9-12 who seek to increase their leadership skills and are interested in the issues and topics we focus our efforts on. Members will be asked to:
- dedicate enough time to participate and grow in the organization; and
- commit to following Kappa League guidelines for behavior and conduct
Continuing Membership Requirements
- Must attend and participate in community service projects and events
- Must be willing to attend bimonthly meetings and tutoring sessions
- Must adhere to the Code of Conduct
- Must maintain academic success in all coursework
Kappa League meets the second Saturday of every month during the Montgomery school calendar year from 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m., at Ridgeview Middle School, 16600 Raven Rock Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20878.
The Kappa League program is a
G-Rock ΚΑΨ program sponsored by the Kappa Youth & Community Foundation of Gaithersburg-Rockille, a 501 (c) (3) organization.
Brother Tyree McCain